Saturday 10 April 2010

Manure And Compost

It's one thing putting a new compost bin in but it's quite something else replacing half of a double bin when one bin is full and the other half full. Also working in a pretty confined space (a passage-way between the fence/house and shed).

Pleased to find that the full bin is pretty well rotted, so tomorrow's job is sifting the compost ready for use this summer and rebuilding the second bin from recycled bits of both. I already have one dustbin full of compost from last year , so I don't think I'm going to be short of planting medium for all the tubs and pots I've got planned.

Earlier today I also picked up a few bags of well rotted manure. Packed full of worms and just what the beans will need. Topped up the rhubarb tub with it, which is just starting to sprout.

No comments: