Sunday 27 July 2008

Lettuce and Beans

Just planted up some lettuce in the SFG - probably snail fodder but we'll see. I think they're cos-type lettuce as they're unlabelled as I picked them up at a local show. Plenty of them but they'll all ripen at once, so I might be passing them round to friends and neighbours.

The SFG is a bit sparse this year. The runner beans are slowly working their way up the poles and the mangetout are having a hard time getting going and were a bit dried out when I got them but haven't totally died back yet.

Given the whole garden a good drenching as it's been dry and everything including the veg is suffering, although the veg pots and beans do get watered every day. I've lost one cucumber, it never really got going having been planted but the other two are growing well, although it will be a while before any flowers appear.

No comments: